You will be met by our professional guide at your hotel in the morning (between 9-10 am, your choice). After a brief explanation your tour will begin with discovering the most important treasures located in the peninsula, what we call the old city of Istanbul.
The main places that you will get to see;
The social and sporting center of first Byzantium and then Constantinople, this ravishing area will get more interesting once you hear the historical facts of the remaining structures on it; the Serpent Column, the Obelisk of Theodosius and the Walled Obelisk. The German Fountain is the additional monument you will see here.
Known also as Sultanahmet Mosque, this iconic structure was built in 1616 to compete with the Hagia Sophia. Not just the exterior but also the interior will be a visual feast. It is also unique because it's the only mosque to have six minarets.
Built in 537 as a cathedral, this breathtaking architecture was turned into a mosque after the conquest by the Ottomans in 1453 and 1935 is the year when it was transformed into a museum. It's survived many fires and earthquakes and for almost 1000 years was the largest cathedral in the world. In July 2020 it it officially became a mosque, one more time.
Topkapı Palace Museum
Built in the 15th century as the main residence and the headquarter of the Ottoman Sultans, this impressive palace will get more interesting once you hear the story from our professional licensed guides. There will be time for the ones interested to see the Harem section (an additional fee will be charged at the entrance).
Founded not very long ago, this was a water storage built in the 5th century by the Roman Emperor Theodosius II.
Imagine wandering around in one of the oldest and largest covered markets in the world, 61 streets and over 4000 shops! All of these in an impressive architecture.
The tour will end with this bazaar from where your guide will assist you back to your hotel unless you want to spend more time and make your own way back to your hotel.
To be able to give our guests the opportunity to choose their own food, we do not include meals in our private tours. Your guide will be giving you options from well-deserved local food to delicious vegan food.
As some of the museums are closed on certain days (check details) you will be able to change the itinerary and replace activities (as long as they remain within the period of the tour time). Please get in touch with us so that we can give you some advice regarding planning your private tour.
- 7 hours.
- You can choose the starting time but we recommend to meet your guide 9:30 am.
- The tour will end at 5:30 pm at the latest.
- Officially licensed English speaking tour guide,
- Private tour.
- Museum/Attraction tickets,
- Lunch & Drinks,
- Transportation (unless additionally booked),
- Your guide will meet you at the lobby of your hotel.
- You might not need any transportation if your hotel is located in the old city. When needed, your guide will advise you the best option for transportation such as taxi or the railway system. You can pay the transportation expenses to the guide at the end of your tour. Please inform (a day in advance at the latest) if you prefer to have a private transfer from and to your hotel.
- Some of the museums are closed on certain times but you have the chance to replace them with other very important sights. If you don't want to miss any of the places mentioned in the itinerary, we recommend you to do this tour on a Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday.
- Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays.
- Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia are closed until 2 pm on Fridays.
- Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays.
- Dinner Cruise & Turkish Night
- Whirling Dervish Show (Sema Ceremony)
- Rhythm of the Dance Show
We will be glad to assist you in booking this tour.
Please fill in the form below to complete the reservation.
You will receive an e-mail within 24h for the payment and confirmation.